It’s been a little while since I have had an in person, client meeting. Actually over a year.
I’m a little nervous about it. As professional as I will present myself, there is always that little fear that the client and I will not have a rapport – the client could be scummy :-D. Sometimes it’s very easy to hide scummy in email/Skype and phone interactions.
But mostly, it’s possible to have personality conflicts. Though I can’t really imagine why anyone would not love me! I’m wonderful! Talented! And soooo humble! (hehehe)
The possibility exists and so, I’m nervous. Fortunately, I am prepared! I have a mobile office.
- Laptop with cables – loaded with every kind of software I would need
- Business cards
- External drive with backups
- USB sticks with back up files that I could give to client
- Pre-printed forms, legal documents and contracts
- Pens, stapler, labels, tabs and other office supplies
- Extra paper – letter, legal and lined
- File folders – I use poly, tow pocket with prongs in signature blue and orange.
- Folder with notes and spiels (in case my brain has a senior moment)
Oh no. The printer is broken. I wont have time to take care of that before the meeting. And I don’t have a spare battery. But we’ll have electrical outlets. Still, a working backup battery is desirable.
I carry all this stuff is in a Crop in Style XXL rolling cart. A soft sided, super roomy, scrapbooker’s dream.
I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, on sale and with a coupon. Regularly this little gem would cost $120 US. But Amazon has it for about $90. With prime membership shipping is free.
So I’m prepared. But I’m still nervous…
(this post has an Amazon affiliate link)